* sKyHiGh > Topics

Subject: Windows Tips, Tricks & Hacks..
Replies: 10 Views: 444

shaan92 31.03.10 - 10:04am
Comment here if u want any type of Tips, tricks & hacks abt windows *

king_hn 3.04.10 - 04:47am
whats the difference between windows xp sp2 and sp3 *

shaan92 4.04.10 - 05:04am
Released in 2001, Windows XP is still the most widely used operating system on the planet---even two years after the release of Windows Vista. But Windows XP did not stay the same straight through all those years; Microsoft released three service packs (SP).

Service Packs
1. In the world of Microsoft Windows an SP represents a significant amount of updates, typically overhauling certain parts of the operating system. These SPs are released through Windows Update online, but Windows users can also request free CDs of SPs directly from Microsoft.
Timeline
2. Windows XP was released in 2001. That system's first service pack, SP1, was released in 2002 but introduced no new features to the operating system; it simply collected a number of various security updates. SP2 saw release in 2004 and, in addition to the various updates, introduced a number of new features to the operating system.
Security
3. The focus of SP2, according to Microsoft, was security. As such the main differences between this SP and SP1 are the various security aspects, including support for encrypted Wi-Fi networks, a pop-up ad blocker for Internet Explorer and a firewall.
Firewall
4. SP2 brought the Windows firewall to Windows XP. This meant Windows users without a firewall were given a degree of protection they previously didn't have.
Control Panel
5. An entirely new window was brought to the control panel with SP2: the security center. This window tracks whether antivirus software, anti-spyware software and a firewall are installed, and informs the user about whether those programs are up to date.
SP3
6. In 2008, Microsoft released SP3, a downloadable bundle that includes all updates since SP2. Unlike SP2 this service pack does not include new features for Windows XP.

king_hn 4.04.10 - 11:07am
ok..it means there is no big difference b/w sp2 and sp3 except the security features..thanx dear *

king_hn 4.04.10 - 11:12am
i want to upgrade my OS To Vista or 7..do u know which is good i mean stable like xp? *

shaan92 4.04.10 - 07:18pm
hmm first u need to tell me abt ur pc harddisk size, ram, ur pc speed then i can tell u which window is best for ur pc *

king_hn 4.04.10 - 09:05pm
the system is little old..250gb hard disc..1 gb ram..2.76 ghz P4 processor.. *

shaan92 6.04.10 - 09:56am
I recommend you windows 7. Because it is lastest have new features and it is light like xp and vista is heavy n it always hang another thing in this window is it never hang. It always update whenever you connect to internet. Last thing which i want to tell you about this window is the cd of window 7 also contains the driver of win7. It works nicely. *

king_hn 6.04.10 - 09:45pm
well dear thanx alot . I didnt know that cd contains driver too ..can i use 7 wid only 1 gb ram.? *

shaan92 8.04.10 - 10:00pm
Hmm i already say that window 7 is light xp. So 1GB is right for window 7. Bt if u want to install window vista then it requires 2GB RAM *

* sKyHiGh Forum

Search:
topics replies

* sKyHiGh

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search

Create Your Own App Store